Journal of African
Christian Thought (JACT)
The Journal of African Christian Thought is a publication of the Akrofi-Christaller Institute and is indexed in Religion Index One: Periodicals, the index to Book Reviews in Religion, published by the American Theological Library Association, 250 S. Wacker Dr.16th Flr ,Chicago, IL 60606,USA; email:email@example.com. website: http://www.atla.com.
The cover design of the journal is based on Adinkra symbols, which are found in West Africa, especially in Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana. Each symbol has a distinctive proverbial or religious meaning. Adinkra means farewell and Adinkra cloth, that is, cloth stamped with Adinkra symbols, is usually worn at funerals as a way of bidding farewell to the deceased. The maiden edition of the journal was published in June 1998. It is published bi-annually in June and December and is in its twelfth year of continuous publication.
GHȼ30.00 for one year, postpaid.
GHȼ55.00 for two years, postpaid.
GHȼ80.00 for three years, postpaid.
$20.00 for one year, postpaid.
$36.00 for two years, postpaid.
$50.00 for three years, postpaid.
$32.00/£19.00 for one year, postpaid.
$60.00/£33.00 for two years, postpaid.
$80.00/£50.00 for three years, postpaid.
Payment may be made in Ghana Cedis, US dollars, Euros or Pound Sterling. Cheques or bank drafts should be made payable to ‘Akrofi-Christaller Institute’. All correspondence regarding subscriptions and address changes should be sent to the Subscriptions Assistant at the address below.
Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology, Missions and Culture,
P.O. Box 76,
- JACT-1998-1-1 (The Church in the African State towards the twenty-first century)
- JACT-1998-1-2 (The Church in the African State: Ecumenical Perspectives from West Africa)
- JACT-1999-2-1 (Faith and Modernity in the new South Africa)
- JACT-1999-2-2 (Gospel and Culture)
- JACT-2002-5-1 (The Challenge of Mother Tongue for African Christian Theology)
- JACT-2002-5-2 (Africa, Homeland and Diaspora: Currents and Cross-currents in Christian History and Thought)
- JACT-2003-6-1 (Biblicaal Exegesis in African Perspective)
- JACT-2003-6-2 (The Impact of the African Renaissance on Theological Education in Africa - A Respective from Zimbabwe)
- JACT-2004-7-1 (The Church in Africa - Historical Consciousness and Patterns of Engagement)
- JACT-2004-7-2 (Muslims and Christians in African Perspectives)
- JACT-2005-8-1 (Christ in African Experience - Reflections from Homeland and Diaspora)
- JACT-2006-9-1 (African Indigenous Knowledge Systems as Resource for Theological Education and Christian Scholarship)
- JACT-2006-9-2 (Christian Mission and Scholarship - In appreciation Professor Emeritus Andrew F. Walls)
- JACT-2007-10-1 (Christianity, Slavery and the Slave Trade)
- JACT-2007-10-2 (The Bible and Theological Education in Africa - in honour of Professor Emerltus Kwesi A. Dickson)
JACT Current Issue
Master of Arts
Master of Arts Theology and Missions (MA) with specially designed options.FIND OUT MORE
Master of Theology
Master of Theology (MTh) (African Christianity and Bible Translation and Interpretation).FIND OUT MORE
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Theology (Intake: January/August).FIND OUT MORE