Journal of African
Christian Thought (JACT)
The Journal of African Christian Thought is a publication of the Akrofi-Christaller Institute and is indexed in Religion Index One: Periodicals, the index to Book Reviews in Religion, published by the American Theological Library Association, 250 S. Wacker Dr.16th Flr ,Chicago, IL 60606,USA; email:email@example.com. website: http://www.atla.com.
The cover design of the journal is based on Adinkra symbols, which are found in West Africa, especially in Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana. Each symbol has a distinctive proverbial or religious meaning. Adinkra means farewell and Adinkra cloth, that is, cloth stamped with Adinkra symbols, is usually worn at funerals as a way of bidding farewell to the deceased. The maiden edition of the journal was published in June 1998. It is published bi-annually in June and December and is in its twelfth year of continuous publication.
GHȼ30.00 for one year, postpaid.
GHȼ55.00 for two years, postpaid.
GHȼ80.00 for three years, postpaid.
$20.00 for one year, postpaid.
$36.00 for two years, postpaid.
$50.00 for three years, postpaid.
$32.00/£19.00 for one year, postpaid.
$60.00/£33.00 for two years, postpaid.
$80.00/£50.00 for three years, postpaid.
Payment may be made in Ghana Cedis, US dollars, Euros or Pound Sterling. Cheques or bank drafts should be made payable to ‘Akrofi-Christaller Institute’. All correspondence regarding subscriptions and address changes should be sent to the Subscriptions Assistant at the address below.
Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology, Missions and Culture,
P.O. Box 76,
- JACT-1998-1-1 (The Church in the African State towards the twenty-first century)
- JACT-1998-1-2 (The Church in the African State: Ecumenical Perspectives from West Africa)
- JACT-1999-2-1 (Faith and Modernity in the new South Africa)
- JACT-1999-2-2 (Gospel and Culture)
- JACT-2002-5-1 (The Challenge of Mother Tongue for African Christian Theology)
- JACT-2002-5-2 (Africa, Homeland and Diaspora: Currents and Cross-currents in Christian History and Thought)
- JACT-2003-6-1 (Biblicaal Exegesis in African Perspective)
- JACT-2003-6-2 (The Impact of the African Renaissance on Theological Education in Africa - A Respective from Zimbabwe)
- JACT-2004-7-1 (The Church in Africa - Historical Consciousness and Patterns of Engagement)
- JACT-2004-7-2 (Muslims and Christians in African Perspectives)
- JACT-2005-8-1 (Christ in African Experience - Reflections from Homeland and Diaspora)
- JACT-2006-9-1 (African Indigenous Knowledge Systems as Resource for Theological Education and Christian Scholarship)
- JACT-2006-9-2 (Christian Mission and Scholarship - In appreciation Professor Emeritus Andrew F. Walls)
- JACT-2007-10-1 (Christianity, Slavery and the Slave Trade)
- JACT-2007-10-2 (The Bible and Theological Education in Africa - in honour of Professor Emerltus Kwesi A. Dickson)