Kwame Bediako Memorial Lectures
This year’s lecture, the 15th in the series, will be hosted at the British Council Hall, Accra and it will be delivered by Prof Joseph Osafo, Professor of Clinical/Health Psychology, Department of Psychology - University of Ghana, Legon. The lecture will be on the topic “Improving Mental Health in Ghana: The Role of the Church and Theological Institutions”.
Join us on Wednesday, 7th June 2023 for the lecture which will be streamed online on the Institute's Facebook (@AkrofiChristallerInstitute) and YouTube (Akrofi-Christaller Institute MultiMedia) channels or at 5:30 pm (GMT).
**Enjoy last year's presentation on Wednesday, 8th June 2022 by Dr. Yaw Bediako (CEO and Co-Founder Yemaachi Biotech & Research Fellow West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens [WACCIP] - University of Ghana, Legon) on the topic, In My Father's Steps: Discerning vocation and building God's Kingdom - How Kwame Bediako's legacy extends to biotechnology, in the video below.
2. 2010 Prof. Lamin Sanneh, Yale Divinity School, University of Yale. Christianity and Citizenship.
3. 2011 Rev. Prof. B. Y. Quarshie, Rector, Akrofi-Christaller Institute. The Bible in African Christianity: Kwame Bediako and the Reshaping of an African Heritage.
4. 2012 Prof. Andrew F. Walls, Emeritus Professor of the Akrofi-Christaller
5. 2013 Most Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Asante, Former Presiding Bishop, The Methodist Church Ghana, Chairman, National Peace Council of Ghana. Interpreting and Articulating the Faith: Lessons from Early Christian History for Africa Today.
6. 2014 Rev. Dr. Mrs. Ernestina Afriyie, Senior Research Fellow, Chaplain
7. 2015 Most Rev. Dr. R. Aboagye-Mensah, Former Presiding Bishop, The Methodist Church Ghana, Dean, Faculty of Theology and Mission, Pentecost University College, Accra. Saint Anthony of Africa: Lessons for African
8. 2016 Rev. Prof. John Azumah, Director of the Sanneh Institute, Professor of World Christianity and Islam, Columbia Theological Seminary, Adjunct Lecturer, ACI. Boko Haram Explained – Lessons for our Time.
9. 2017 Prof. Allison M. Howell, Associate Professor / Adjunct Lecturer, ACI, an expert in Theology and the Environment. African spirituality and Christian ministry: 'Discerning the signs of the times' in our environment and community.
10. 2018 Prof. Tite Tienou, Dean Emeritus and Research Professor of Theology
11. 2019 Rev. Prof. Phillip Tetteh Laryea, Dean of Accredited Studies, ACI. Language, Education and Nation Building: A Historical, Cultural and Theological Appraisal.
12. 2020 Rev. Dr. Solomon Sule Saa, Director CISEA / Dean of Continuing Education, ACI. The Power of Mother-Tongue Scriptures: Changing Perceptions of Christianity among the Dagomba and the Konkomba as a Consequence of their Mother-Tongue Scriptures.
13. 2021 Rev. Dr. Femi B. Adeleye (Director Institute for Christian Impact [www.icimpact.org] and a Research Fellow at ACI). The Gospel and Christian Witness in the Public Sphere: Perspectives from the Thought of Kwame Bediako.
14. 2022 Dr. Yaw Bediako (CEO and Co-Founder Yemaachi Biotech & research Fellow West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCIP)-University of Ghana, Legon) IN MY FATHER'S STEPS: Discerning vocation and building God's Kingdom: How Kwame Bediako's legacy extends to biotechnology.